Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Laurel falls - Smoky Mountains

Laurel falls

If you want to get up close and personal with a waterfall, this one is for you. The trail takes you right up to the base of the falls, goes along flat ground for about 5 feet and then there is a second waterfall. In other words, it's not possible to move further back than where I am already at. It's the perfect place for a wide-angle lens, which I do not own. It's one of the most popular waterfalls in the Smoky Mountain National Park.

A heavy rain had just come through, so there is more water to the waterfall than typically seen in pictures here. I didn't think it was possible to view the lower part of the waterfall that is behind me, but I've seen one pic on flickr of it, so maybe there is a side trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment