Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Oscar Mayer Wienermobile

Oscar Mayer Wienermobile

I was able to mark one item off my bucket list in 2016 when I was able to finally photograph the iconic yet elusive Oscar Mayer Wienermobile. I'm not sure why this became so important to me, but along the way I acquired a plush version along with a hot wheel of the noteworthy car.

Then, in the spring of 2016 I went to my regular grocery store and there it was! I only had the camera on my phone, but there it was. Then, when I got out of my car, it drove off because it had to visit a dozen more grocery stores that weekend.

I don't they plan their stops too far in advance, but it's tough to find out where they will be. The only way to track it is with their app, which never worked to well for me.

Then, I learned they would be at the 4th of July celebration in downtown Franklin, TN, so I made sure that is how I would spend my holiday. I found it, and it was parked right next to the county courthouse on 3rd Ave. I also got a Wienerwhistle for my son.

Read the history of the car here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wienermobile

No comments:

Post a Comment