Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Collapsed Rock City Barn in Indiana

Collapsed Rock City Barn

People who have viewed my photostream for a long time will see that I've photographed many Rock City barns over the years. It was my first photographic interest. I haven't found as many lately as I have to venture further from home to find them now. When I started to look for them, this one was one of the most photographed barns that I would see.

This is located in Chambersburg, Indiana, just east of Paoli along US150. I already knew it had collapsed, but I wanted to see it anyway. Here's a Google street view from 2012 to show what it looked like then: Street View.

The leading authority on Rock City Barns is photographer David B. Jenkins who published a coffee table book of the photos in 1996. Eight years later, I bought that book at the Rock City gift shop, and my new hobby was born. Fast forward a few years, and I've had a chance to talk to David a few times. Recently, he told me this was the first Rock City barn he ever photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment