Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Simpson Co. Courthouse - Mendenhall, MS

Simpson Co. Courthouse - Mendenhall, MS

A few summers ago, my wife and I took an abbreviated weekend trip to the Biloxi, MS area to attend a wedding. We had one day to drive there from Tennessee, the day of, and a final day to drive back. On that drive back home day, we left our hotel in Pascagoula, drove north to Jackson to spend some time at the zoo, and then another five hours home - all before going to work the next day. We weren't planning on making any side excursions on that day. However, when I saw the sign along US49 for the "Home of Mississippi's Most Beautiful Courthouse" I knew I had to stop. The 1908 courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Simpson Co. Courthouse - Mendenhall, MS

Simpson Co. Courthouse - Mendenhall, MS

Simpson Co. Courthouse - Mendenhall, MS

No comments:

Post a Comment