Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Would be a pity to miss Rock City

Would be a pity to miss Rock City

I suppose one thing my photostream is known for is the extensive collection of Rock City barns. I drive the backroads whenever I can and stumble across some that way. However most of the barns that I photograph are already known by the community at large, such as the Rock City Barn book that they commissioned about 15 years ago, or websites such as ohiobarns.com. If it's to be found, then I've found it. Or so I thought.

About a month ago, a reader of my website named Steve wrote me. He likes looking for the barns, too. He found a barn that I missed, the book missed and I suppose everyone who's posted their barn shots on the internet has missed, too. And, it's in my home county! (That's the part that really got under my skin.) It's along US41, just about a mile away from one that I have photographed.

I'm not sure how many times I've driven right past it. There weren't really any trees or other obstructions blocking the view, but the roof is rather rusty making it a tough read.

For those of you keeping score at home, and I'm not sure why anyone would, this is one of over 75 different Rock City barns I have posted to flickr. Would be a pity to miss this barn ever again. Have you ever wished there was a convenient way to find all of the Rock City Barns that are still out there? Well, that's what I've tried to do on my website. On my Map of Rock City Barns page, I have plotted each barn on a Google Map.

No comments:

Post a Comment