Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Thursday, September 27, 2012

In The News: Minister's Tree House

Earlier this month was a news story that made me sad. If you've never heard of the Minister's Tree House, it was started by a Cookeville resident who wanted to give glory to God with a place that was fun and safe for kids. His tree house grew and grew and grew.

Apparently, it grew, not only in size, but in popularity, to the point that the local officials had to verify whether it was really a safe place for kids. It has been deemed a fire hazard, and while to my knowledge nobody ever got hurt here, some of my friends who had been here wondered just how safe it really was, especially if you made it to the top.

Sadly, I never had a chance to see it for myself, or I'd be posting that picture here, so you can get an idea from the article.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/sep/05/tennessee-shuts-down-ministers-treehouse-declares-/

No comments:

Post a Comment