Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christ Church Cathedral Pipe Organ - Nashville

Christ Church Cathedral Pipe Organ - Nashville

This is inside the Sanctuary of Christ Church Cathedral along Broadway in Downtown Nashville, TN. The Pipe organ is in the balcony in the back. The congregation dates back to 1829 and the building opened in 1894. They frequently host arts and music events at the building as part of their Sacred Space for the City series, which is why I was here on this particular day.

I generally don't like taking HDR pictures because of the extra effort involved. However, tonight I was standing in just the right place that I felt it needed to be done. (Some people love HDR, but I tend to be more on the documentary / stock side of photography instead of artsy. However, HDR works magnificently in Cathedrals!)

No comments:

Post a Comment