I stumbled across this sign. I assume it is a restored vintage neon sign, but I can't confirm it. However, it is new to this location. It was manufactured by Walker & Company of Detroit, which was a prolific sign maker of the big car companies.
In Columbia, Woodland St. between 7th and 8th historically has been home to several auto shops and mechanics. Now, after some redevelopment, this block is Colombia's Motor Alley.
This sign is at 806 Woodland St. I don't know if the building itself ever had a connection to Studebaker, but the building has a restored garage door. The actual business here now is Hazelwood Laboratories, which specializes in Audio equipment.
Update: The building and sign is owned by Mike Wolfe of American Pickers fame. It's on the same block as Columbia Motor Alley (Wolfe's current project).
Learn more about Hazelwood Laboratories here: https://youtu.be/ewbaJZIC55M
See this photo on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brent_nashville/54642744314/

No comments:
Post a Comment