Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Friday, August 23, 2013

The Pipe Corner of the South Neon Sign - Atlanta

The Pipe Corner of the South Neon Sign - Atlanta

One of my favorite vintage neon signs I've ever seen was placed by the Royal Cigar Company in downtown Atlanta. It's located at the corner of Forsyth St. and Walton St. at a place now called the Forsyth-Walton Building. Apparently, the Pipe store closed in the early 1990s. When it was working, the neon tubes represented smoke rings rising from the end of the pipe.

The day I took this photo, I saw the same sign on TV! It was the day after Thanksgiving and I was visiting my brother's family in GA. We started a family tradition by watching a Walking Dead marathon. In the very first episode when Rick goes into downtown Atlanta, he goes through this intersection while chased by zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment