Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blue Angels fly over the Gulf of Mexico

Blue Angels fly over the Gulf of Mexico

The Blue Angels are stationed at a Naval Base in Pensacola, FL. On vacation two weeks ago, my wife and I were walking along the beach at Peridio Key Beach (about 10 miles away) as they flew by in formation.

Well, they must be following me. This upcoming weekend, they will be appearing at the Great Tennessee Air Show in Smyrna, at the airport about a half mile from my house. I will see them again at the air show, but the flyby on the beach was for free.

The Smyrna air show usually happens every two years, but the 2010 show was moved to 2011 so they could get one of the premier acts. Here is a gallery of the 2011 show. The 2008 air show was the last time the Blue Angels came to Smyrna. Here is a gallery of that show. In 2006, I was walking along the shore of Percy Priest Lake when I heard the planes roar overhead and I realized I forgot to check on the date of the show. In a few days, be looking for a 2012 air show gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment