Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

09 TN State Fair #159: Cake Decorating

Happy new year!

I hope you enjoyed your evening of dancing the night away, listening to tunes, or watching your favorite ring-in-the-new-year TV special. I will presume you stayed up really late and you didn't wake up until noon. However, It's all good - I wrote this post two weeks ago.

I don't suppose people really have new years cakes. However, today is my birthday and I'd like a birthday cake - not that you particularly care. :) This cake was one of the amazing cakes seen at the Tennessee State Fair in 2009. The Tennessee Chapter of the JCES (and I don't know what that stands for) had many wonderful cakes from their members on display that year! The card in front says Mary Jo Manis designed this one. Great work, wherever you are. Buttercream Gum Paste never sounded so good.

With the new year, I have a new feature for the blog that will roll out tommorrow, so If you are a regular reader, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment