Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Friday, November 25, 2011

Toys. Lots of toys.

Toys. Lots of toys.

Today is Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. Every year, my brother gets up early in the morning to be the first person in line at whatever store has the best deal, and plans his day accordingly. I instead choose to sleep in, and then leave home in the mid afternoon. When I go out I usually go shopping at thrift stores. While I do most of my shopping online these days, I like to look for knick-knacks, stocking stuffers, throw-ins and the occasional ugly tie as a gag gift when I go to these places.

Several years ago, I went to one of the largest thrift stores I'd ever been to. It was in Chattanooga along the Lee Highway. There seems to be a never-ending supply of toys here. As it turns out, the laws have changed slightly so that you might not see this many used toys out in the open like you used to, and then if you do purchase something, you may want to give it a good wipedown for germs sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment