Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hammers of Winchester, TN - Old and New look

Hammers of Winchester, TN (2011)

When I was last in Winchester, in 2008, It was the first time I had ever been to Hammers. At the time, most of the entire block had been painted Dark Blue! Maybe they did that to convince people it was all the same store.

Since then, they have decided to change the look of the building back to the way it must have looked when the block was first built, and they have restored each individual storefront to it's original glory. On the far left is the reddish Knox Building, the next thinner segment with the green awning is the Jackson Shoes Building. Which building design do you prefer?

I had never thought of this store as a destination until I heard that my mom and a bunch of her friends got on a bus and visited this store after having lunch at a nearby mansion. I've heard this store described as one of those places where you never know what you'll find, but I know exactly what you'll find after making two visits. On the far end is women's clothing. The next segment is a toy store, the only part with an accessible upstairs floor. Next is home decor (My wife bought a rug). Next is crafts and fabrics, and is the only area with an accessible basement level. Next is a men's clothing section and finally is a tools & snacks area. It's kind of a hit-or-miss place.

Old Version:
Hammer's

No comments:

Post a Comment