Saturday, April 16, 2016
This train flag station was in use at Tates Crossing near Mt. Juliet from 1870 until 1935. During these 65 years it was used by Tennessee and Pacific Railroad and then by NCStL. This flag station was closed when NCStL built newer tracks that went a farther distance. (The older tracks were removed and the railroad bed became Division Street and Old Railroad Bed Road.
Nearly 6 decades after it wasn't used anymore, the owner gave it to the western Wilson County Historical society, where it was restored. A few years later it was donated to be part of Fiddler's Grove, a collection of historical buildings from around the county placed at the Wilson County Fairgrounds.