Sunday, April 3, 2016
The cornerstone of this church building was laid in 1858 and all of the yellow poplar and red gum lumber was cut by hand.
Bishop Charles Quintard was in Britain when extensive renovations were undertaken at Canterbury Cathedral. There, three stained glass windows about three hundred years old were discarded, which he acquired. The were then shipped on a six month journey by sea across the ocean and then up the Mississippi River to the nearby town of Randolph. The windows were then installed here in the chancel where they remain a treasured possession to this day.
The church was built in a Gothic Architecture style and was designed by J.J. Malone and William P. Malone. Today, the building is on the National Register of Historic Places.