Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Thacker Christmas Inn

Thacker Christmas Inn & Restaurant

Merry Christmas! For this hotel in Caryville, TN, it's Christmas year round. I guess. (The hotel was under renovation with a construction fence completely surrounding the place when I drove through here last fall. Maybe it will be open by now.) Because it was under construction, I drove around the place for 15 minutes until I could find an unobstructed view, which sadly was not on the sunlit side.

I'm guessing it's still going to be a mom & pop owned place and not part of a chain. It's located along old US25W but still in business since it's next to Interstate 75.

Here are a couple of comments from Flickr users who have been here:

My wife and I noticed in Oct. that they were renovating. I can remember years and years ago stopping and having dinner here, but never stayed. I am glad to see someone taking an interest in getting the place up and running again. It had fell into a pretty sad state of disrepair over the last dozen or so years.

My Grandparents and I used to go there about 2 - 3 times a year and dine in their restaurant. It was one of those special times that we'd look forward to for months, and long time still remembered fondly by me.

1 comment:

  1. I stayed @ Thacker Hotel a very long time ago for me it was a fun stop on my way to florida Is it closed now I can only find stories that it was in renovation a few years ago Like I said it was always a nice place to stop many years ago

    ReplyDelete