Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Faded SEE ROCK CITY barn

Faded SEE ROCK CITY barn

It's so faded that I had to do a double take to see it myself. the letters are on the left half of the upper portion of the roof. The top line is SEE BEAUTIFUL the next line is a larger ROCK CITY and the last line is ATOP LOOKOUT MT CHATT. TENN. You might need to look at the picture full size to see any of these words. This barn is visible to eastbound traffic along highway 30 between McMinnville and Spencer.

See it on a map here:
maps.google.com/maps?q=spencer,+tn&ll=35.734323,-85.5...

This is my second visit to this barn and one of over 80 different Rock City Barns I have photographed and uploaded to Flickr in my Rock City Barns set. People often ask me how I've found so many of them. I have drawn from many resources such as books and web sites and sometimes luck, but there's not really one "go to" place to find them all. Well, now on my website, I have tried to create a one stop source for the locations of all of the barns I've been to. On my Map of Rock City Barns page, I have plotted each barn on a Google Map.

No comments:

Post a Comment