Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Very old & faded ad for Wonder Cave

Very old ad for Wonder Cave

When you look through my photos, you realize that I really love old painted barns of Rock City, but ads for Rock City and Sequoyah Caverns, or anything else will do. I look for these. I almost missed this one. Almost.

You'll have a tough time determining what this says, but I caught a glimpse of the word Wonder, did a U turn in the street and went back to take another look. On rock city barns, a popular slogan is "World's 8th Wonder" and maybe that's why I even saw the word Wonder.

This is instead an old ad for Wonder Cave, which I think went out of business for good about 20 years ago. It was at the base of the drive up Monteagle in Grundy County just off Highway US 41 near a small town called Pelham. This is Approx 6 miles north of that

No comments:

Post a Comment