Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Monday, March 18, 2013

Union City, TN Depot and GT Locomotive

Union City, TN Depot and GT Locomotive

The train station in Union city was built in 1922 by Gulf, Mobile & Ohio (GM&O) and also serviced NCStL. The design is a mixture of Mission/Spanish Revival and Bungalow/Craftsman. Today, the building is restored and serves as the Obion County Chamber of Commerce. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

On the day that I took this photo, I started by parking at the Depot, as I was walking to the GT 5848 crossing the street. I went over to the town square and an hour after I had started, I was back where I started and the same locomotive was crossing at the depot where I started. GM&O eventually merged with Illinois Central, who along with Grand Trunk & Western are all owned today by CN.

No comments:

Post a Comment