Sunday, April 23, 2017
Bluff City is a town that went through multiple name changes but dates back to 1780 when the Overmountain Men crossed the Holston River here at Choate's Ford. The remains of a railroad bridge can also be seen here, with a stone pier and an abutment with a mural painted on it. (This location now has a new mural painted here.) Today, this section of the river is also known as Boone Lake.