Sunday, April 2, 2017
This church is in Brentwood, TN. According to the historical marker:
Johnson Chapel was established about 1803 on part of Col. Thomas McCrory's property purchased by Maj. John Johnston in 1796. His son Matthew Johnston built the first church here. The land on which the log church stood was deeded to the trustees of the church in 1831, when it was being used by all denominations. Levin Edney, pioneer circuit rider preacher, held the first services here. The first church was destroyed by fire in 1850. This building, erected in 1925, is the third on this site.