Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Monday, May 22, 2017

Norfolk & Western #675 - Bluegrass Railway

Norfolk & Western #675 - Bluegrass Railway

Seen at the Bluegrass Railway Museum in Versailles, KY is the N&W Diesel Locomotive #675 which is now used for most of their excursion trains. The Class GP-9 Engine was built by E.M.D. of General Motors. It was donated by Consolidated Coal Corporation of Pittsburgh PA. She was restored at the Mid-America Locomotive Works in Evansville, Indiana, painted in N&W freight black and placed back in operational service in 2007. 675 is equipped with dual control stands, both of which are still operational. This allows the engineer to run the locomotive from either side of the cab.

When I was in the process of lining up this photo, a museum employee asked me to hold my pose so he could photograph me photographing the train. I guess I ought to ask them if I can get that picture from them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment