Sunday, March 20, 2016
The building dates back to 1913, and the congregation dated back to 1825, with the claim they were the first congregation of any denomination west of the Tennessee River. The congregation must not meet any more as the "Presbyterian Church" part of the sign has been removed. This building and the tiny community of Fruitland is in Gibson County along highway US45W, although the highway now bypasses the area.
For the whole story: