This Home and the church have been added to the National Register of Historic Places in Dec. 2016.
Originally, this was land that belonged to Confederate Colonel William H. Stephens in 1824, known as Willow Banks. This home was built in 1918 by Jackson Sun newspaper owner Clarence Pigford with the house named Chevy Chase. Since 1952, the land and the home have been owned by Jackson's First Presbyterian Church who built their church building next door.
The First Presbyterian Church is located along US45 in Jackson, TN. The grounds have been named a state certified arboretum. Inside the steeple tower is a traditional carillon of 47 bells.
The church's carillon is one of 17 carillons in Tennessee. It is dedicated to the soldiers of Jackson and Madison County who offered and gave their lives for our country. The bells themselves were founded and tuned in France in the late 1940s. They chime regularly, and offer the spectacular prelude to the Jackson Starlight Symphony, a free annual concert on the church lawn.
Read more about it in this article from the Jackson Sun: