Sunday, December 6, 2015
This church building in Dixon Springs, TN dates back to 1878. It is called the Union church since different groups met here over the years. Originally the building was a Christian Church, and then became a Church of Christ. In the 1960s it became a Baptist church for a few years until it became abandoned.
This road is part of the old main road between Carthage and Hartsville, but now highway TN25 bypasses the old part of the city. This church building is on the national register of Historic Places as part of the Dixon Springs Historic District.