Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Monday, October 11, 2010

McKnight Station, TN depot

McKnight Station, TN depot

These days, when I seek out old train stations, I frequent DepotMaps.com. However, this station isn't on DepotMaps or any of the other depot web resources I use. I had never heard of it until earlier this year. A friend of mine used to live about 5 miles from here, and he told me that 20 years ago, this was completely swallowed by overgrowth.

Just recently, The Tennessee Dept. of Tourism has started a new website which will provide auto trails for many of the off-the-beaten-path and hidden gems around the state. This depot is on the first trail to be published, Old Tennessee Settlers to Soldiers Trail as stop #26.

This depot was part of the Middle Tennessee Railroad which operated from 1909-27 along Liepers Creek Valley. One feature I like if you look closely at the top at the front was apparently a clock where the hour markers were carved into the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment