Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Friday, April 2, 2010

See Ruby Falls barn with Rock City Billboard

See Ruby Falls barn with Rock City Billboard

Along Interstate 24 in Coffee County, TN is this Ruby Falls barn in a strategic bend in the road near mile marker 100. This barn was built in 2007 to replace an older barn that had collapsed.

I make the drive to Chattanooga a couple of times a year, and I missed this barn multiple times before I finally got a shot of it. (This is my second time to get a picture of it!) There is an Old School See Rock City Birdhouse shaped billboard up the hill which you can see from a mile away and is in the upper right corner of this picture if you haven't noticed it yet. If I wasn't driving, I used to always pay attention to that and mss the Ruby Falls barn after it was too late.

2 comments:

  1. this is the farm that my Daddy grew up on. it belongs to my uncles now. the other side of the interstate where the See Rock City sign is actually was part of the same farm (sold that part in the last few years). when the interstate was being built, it went right through Grandpa's farm. that is sooo cool that I found this picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you found this picture, too. I wish that I had gotten a picture a few years ago when the previous Ruby Falls barn was here, back when they had the turquoise color scheme.

    ReplyDelete