Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Jewel Cave - near Ruskin, TN

Jewel Cave - near Ruskin, TN

I thought I knew all of the tourist spots in Tennessee, but here's one I had never heard about, probably because it isn't open for business anymore. Online information is sparse, such as when it closed for business. The best I could tell, the Cave was last owned by the Renaissance Center in Dickson, who also owns the nearby historic Ruskin Cave as a campground. (However, the Renaissance Center recently was sold to Freed Hardeman University, and I don't know if a small Christian college wants to own a commercial cave or two.) Any updates would be appreciated.

Here's a pretty good history of the cave:
freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~regena/biograp...

No comments:

Post a Comment