Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Thursday, September 1, 2011

A neon sign for a movie being filmed in town

Rocket's Grille on a movie set

One of my favorite places to eat is Karin's Kustard in Smyrna, TN. It's an old fashioned with great burgers and custard. Where else could I get Mello Yello mixed with lemon custard? Mmmmm.

I drive by there most every day on the way to work and church. A couple of days ago Their sign said they'd be closed for a couple of days. Today as I drove by, I noticed a neon sign being put up and I wondered if the place was being remodeled.

Then, tonight as I was driving home, from a distance I saw bright lights. As I drove past, I noticed something was being filmed. Since I had nothing better to do, I went home and got a camera so I could take a couple of pictures, with a night-time camera drive by.

As I tried to drive by, A couple of cops came out to stop me. It turns out they were filming a couple of guys getting on a motorcycle and driving onto the street, when they didn't need me in the shot.

I found some other people who also had nothing better to do who had set up lawn chairs across the street and were watching. I pulled up and asked if they knew what was up. They are filming Nicole Kidman's newest film Stoker. Karins is located next to some old train tracks, so in the next scene, they had a fake-but-lights-up-and-sounds-real train come through.

The last time I saw a movie being filmed in Smyrna, they invited townsfolk to come by and be zombies in a horror film.

No comments:

Post a Comment