Home     Daily Blog     Galleries     Maps     Contact

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Kids enjoying young goats at the State Fair

2009 TN State Fair #1

The Tennessee State Fair holds a special place for me in my photographer's heart. There's so much to see and do and capture with a camera. Even after last year's popular state fair, the future of the fair is in limbo. Thankfully, it will take place again this year starting next Friday. Will it be the last one? The future still seems uncertain, and who knows where it could even take place if Nashville uses the land for another purpose.

I'm going to the fair this year and will enjoy it as if it's the last one. Then, I will hope I can do it again in 2011. Over the next couple of weeks, I will share some of my favorite State Fair photos.

Shown here, at the 2009 Tennessee State Fair, one of the goat breeders brought some baby kid goats that were less than 2 weks old. When the goats were awake, they would allow some of the passerbys hold the goats. The best time to see goats are during the opening weekend.

As a side note, show goats are required to have their horns removed, which makes them grow up more docile. It happens when they are very young with a painless procedure, and then a salve is applied to where they were removed. (This is in case you wonder what the dark circle is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment